Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Structuralism Group

As a contributor to my group, I emailed everyone videos and web links that I thought really helped to show the concept of the sign, signifier, signified, as well as the history of the concept. In the email i inserted youtube videos of a Baby Einstein video clip and a "Your Baby Can Read," clip. These shows children a word, the narrator says the word, and then there is a series of images related to the word in able to teach babies and toddlers the two part sign system. We all met as a group the day class was cancelled and spit out ideas for the presentation. I contributed a number of historical context, cultural import, and theoretical practice ideas and facts to Francesca to integrate into the powerpoint presentation. I also collected examples of signifiers with multiple possible signified images creating multiple examples of signs and then emailed them to Amy. Our group was very vocal and very open to listening to eachother's ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment